Career guidance and counseling involves administrators, counselors, teachers and the business community working together with students and parents to make the connections between classroom academics and career exploration and preparation.
The fundamental purpose of the VCCS Career Coach is to empower students to make informed decisions about their career and educational plans and to prepare students to succeed in postsecondary education and training. The major responsibilities of the career coach include:
- Facilitating the development of individual career plans and portfolios;
- Relating information on careers, career clusters, and career pathways;
- Serving as consultant for transitional programs to the community college such as Tech Prep and Dual-Enrollment;
- Sharing industry and employment information and contacts with students and their parents: and
- Easing the transition of students from high school to postsecondary education and training and the skilled workforce.
Location and Contact
The Career Center is located in Caroline High School on the first floor, the Career Coach works part time. Please call 804-633-9888 to make an appointment. Career and educational planning resources include print and computer resources for students, parents and teachers.
The Career Coach is available to assist students, parents and staff in the process of gathering information. She is available to help with college and career searches, filling out college applications, filling out the FAFSA, giving out scholarship information, and providing Dual Enrollment information. Parents should call or email for an appointment.